Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wrapping Up July

Talked with Herb Jr. today on the phone...he's going under the knife tomorrow for some critical surgery. Told him I'd keep him in my prayers... and will wait to hear from Sharon sometime late tomorrow...
 Meanwhile, I'm still working as a taste tester for Barbara...here's the Blackberry and Lime Meringue Pie from the August issue of Bon Appetit...it's right on the cover (and I love it when I can see what it is that I'm supposed to be eating!)

 Ray, Siobhan, and Carl stopped in so that Carl could show me his newest pets...two Russian Tortoises!  They usually live to be 80 years old...so I hope Carl takes after me and can care for his tortoises for a
 L-O-N-G time.  Ray suggested that Carl name them Boris and Natasha but Carl opted for Boris and Sally.  (My suggestion was "Dead" and "Half-Dead"...just kidding, Carl!)  Here's Boris (or Sally...not sure which...)





Carl also got to spend the night...he LOVED taking a bath in my tub...


and after his bath, he wanted to make music...see how much Biggie enjoyed it?


Barbara has been making contact with lots of her "old" friends and my "old" friends.  She was able to locate Judy Mouhot Brown and Judy sent me pictures of Ellie and me at Barb's 40th birthday party!  Did we REALLY look like that?


That's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment