Thursday, July 21, 2011

Looking Good...


Two weeks ago, I had to have surgery on my head.  The doctor told Barbara it would probably take 3-5 hours.  Actually, I ended up being under the knife off and on for 7 1/2 hours, start to finish.  I wasn't very happy about it...as you can see.

Here I am...waiting for my Bailey's....


But after a Bailey's or two, I started feeling MUCH better!



The animals all wanted to be close to me after the surgery...even the six-toed cat, "Six" started being a "lap cat"!


Barbara put roses from her garden on the table and next to my chair...(I don't think it helped much, but it made Barbara happy!)



After a week, I went back to the doctor to have the bandage removed.  Looks much better now...even with 42 staples still in for two more weeks!


Leo still waits for me each morning and Barbara keeps tempting me to try new things...here are some home-made bagels and a terrine made with tomatoes from the garden and a hazelnut pesto.  (Good thing I didn't know what it was or I probably never would have tried it!)




Still watching Judge Judy and LOVE playing "Angry Birds"!  (Can you get Carpal Tunnel syndrome in your finger?)


Ray, Siobhan, Carl and Jelly come over to swim...here I am, keeping Ray company while throwing wet tennis balls into the pool for Jelly!


Dogs and kids sure do like water!





Maybe I'll give the pool a try...after the staples come out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Pop, what a surgery that was! So glad you are feeling better, we love you!

    ReplyDelete