Sunday, December 11, 2011

And It's December...

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone...and I was thankful for a lot of things...


I don't get out much now but Barbara brought in a basket of fall leaves...I forgot how autumn leaves feel, look and smell so it was a treat to run my hands through them ...and then watch the cat enjoy them!

I knew it was Thanksgiving, but didn't know who all was coming for dinner.  Dede surprised me by flying in and arriving at 3:00 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.  She helped Barbara (and Carl) with the fresh apple pie and was gone on Friday morning...even before I woke up.  But it was good to see her again.



We had dinner in the Dining Room...my old "stomping grounds".  Looks a bit different now...


Carl had Ray stop on the mountain road to "save" some newts from becoming road kill.  Doesn't everybody carry a reptile tank in their car..."just in case..."?  The cats were very interested in the newt so the newt became part of the centerpiece on the table so that the cats wouldn't have him/her for a "snack"!





I had the whole "Thanksgiving Dinner" number---turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry relish, rolls, baked squash...and for dessert, a bit of Red Velvet Cake (baked by Monica) and some home-made Apple Crumb pie with vanilla ice cream.

Carl and Ray had the traditional "Turkey Pizza" - something they are SURE the Pilgrims would have eaten had they only known about it!


Following dinner, everyone went to the Family Room for after dinner drinks and, of course, the traditional Chocolate Turkeys!


After dinner, it was time to return to my "sanctuary" on the second floor.  Thanks to Ray, the lift was working and it sure made it easier on me!
 Here I am with Brandon...enjoying a pre-dinner drink while being protected by Biggie and Six.

Brandon came down for another visit...between Ray, Tom and Brandon, I see all of them almost every week!  Brandon brought food...(of course!) as well as some white wine, red wine, port wine, and, of course, Bailey's!

Here I am, enjoying my Bailey's in bed!

Kathy and Dave are also "regulars" and it's always good to see them...they drove down just for a quick visit and promised to come back again when Lauren is home.
Well, it's almost Christmas...and of course, I have a tree in my room.  I do enjoy seeing the lights and listening to the Chrisrmas music with earphones.


The next photo is not for the faint of heart...it's just a reality when you can't move around much and your skin gets very, very thin.

  My back has been a bit sore lately...those darn pressure sores are back with a vengeance, despite a Tempurpedic mattress and an adjustable bed.

Barbara got a egg crate mattress pad to go on top of the Tempurpedic mattress and I have an egg crate cushion on the back of my recliner.  Hopefully, between the egg crate and Barbara helping me change positions every two hours during the night, healing will happen because it's not very "pretty" now...I don't really like waking up every two hours all night long (and I don't think Barbara does, either!) but that's where we are now.  I have to look at it this way...there's no way Santa can "sneak in" without Barbara or me knowing about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment