Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And Now It's February

February 1...and we're finally done with the January birthdays!

Barbara has been trying a new appetizer each night.  Here's one of my favorites...the penguins!


I have my own Amaryllis right next to the breakfast table.  When Barbara first planted it, it was just a bulb...but look at it now!  I like watching it change every day.



January was time for my yearly appointment with the doctor...and that always means "the good news" and "the bad news".  The good news...I'm still kicking!  The bad news...things fall apart.  It's like when you decide to paint one room in your house...it looks good but all the other things in the house now need attention...and that's where I am.

Antibiotics for an infection, drink more water (YUCK!) eat more vegetables and fruits (I'm being very selective!) and take care of very sensitive skin.  Here we are at the wound care center at Saint Louise Hospital in Gilroy.  Don't I look happy?

Barbara said I had to "look happy" so here's my "happy look"!

Hopefully, we're done with doctor visits for a while!  Meanwhile, the noise upstairs continues but progress is being made...here I am in my tub for the first time...no heating fan, no overhead lighting, no tile on the wall or on the floor, but the lavender wallboard is in and so is the red waterproofing around and under the tub.  And the tub is GREAT!  Bubble bath, rubber ducks, and heated jets...I don't want to get out!




I still enjoy reading my Model A magazine (Thanks, D.J. and Janet)...can't believe the prices!

So now we'll see what February brings...

2 comments:

  1. Love those penguins!!!
    And, Boomp, you look so cool in that new tub...so amazing of Tom to get all that remodeling done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday Pop! And I must agree with Kathy, that tub looks so relaxing! We think of you all the time and miss you very much! Love you!
    - Leah & Kyle

    ReplyDelete