Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What a Day!

Monday, January 10, 2011...and my 98th Birthday!



It started off with "head bumps" from Leo, the cat, during breakfast.


Then, with yet another set of padded earphones...(earphones are made for people with HAIR and without hair, you need LOTS of padding!)  I'm listening to a new CD that I got for my birthday...songs from Sunday School!


I read the paper and then I like to listen to the CD - sometimes while I'm eating breakfast.  I keep the magnifying glass there so that I can read the titles of the songs.  That way, I know when to get ready to sing along!
Kerry, Brad, Rachel, Mike, and Kyle and Leah all got together and sent me an HP ePrint Printer!  Tom and Leo set it up for me and now I can receive e-mails and photos without a computer!  This is GREAT!  They all sent me birthday greetings...big print...and photos ...so I can read and reread them again and again.  If you want to give it a try, here's my printer's e-mail address:  axu7846oks56@hpeprint.com.


Here's the "Big Boy"...right next to my bed!





Barbara puts them into a 3-ring binder so that I can always see the pictures and the notes.


Then the e-cards started coming in...Thanks, Frank and Pat and thanks, too, to Terry and Jack!
Just when I thought I couldn't get any more technologically literate, along came Skype!

So...here I am, kicking back in my chair, with yet a different set of earphones, talking and looking right at Rachel, Gunney, and Mike and then Kerry and Brad!  I also "skyped" with D.J. earlier in the day to see how it would work out.  Now I can see who I'm talking to...and can even offer a sip of my Bailey's (if I feel like it!)

After another lobster dinner and more birthday cake, and now I feel like Six and Biggie...

Six says, "I don't think I can take ONE MORE balloon!


Biggie says, "Thank God it's over for another year!  I'm getting TOO OLD for this!"

Thanks for taking the time to read through my blog...

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday, thanks so much for sharing what you did all day with us! So glad that you got our birthday card, we'll have to try and skype with you soon Pop! Love, Leah & Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pop. So glad you are enjoying the printer we sent you! Now that I am feeling a little better, I will try my hand at sending you something.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete